Winter in Val Gardena
Winter vacation in San Pietro, right at the entrance to Val Gardena
Thanks to our favorable location, our farm is the ideal choice for your winter vacation in Val Gardena: In no time, you reach the Dolomiti Superski skiing resort, that connects the slopes of Val Gardena and the plateau of Alpe di Siusi. The sunny resorts boast perfectly prepared downhill runs of all difficulty levels, modern cable car facilities and fresh powder. A particular attraction is the famous Sellaronda, a 40km ski route that loops around the massif of the Sella mountain range.
But Val Gardena is also a rewarding destination for sledding, cross country skiing, ski tourers and winter hikers.
As you might want to leave your car at the house, there is a public bus stop right above the farm.
During Advent season, many nearby towns like Bolzano, Merano and Bressanone present beautifully decorated Christmas markets. Chiusa is recommended for those seeking a less busy, more quiet kind of Christmas market.
Another highlight in winter is the annual downhill World Cup race in Val Gardena.
A sunny winter day in Val Gardena
Alpe di Siusi
Nearby Alpe di Siusi boasts 23 cable cars and 60 km of slopes for skiers and snowboardes. For crosscountry skiing, the famous plateau offers another 60km of ski tracks in one of the Alp's sunniest cross country skiing resorts. For years, the area has been attracting the national teams of Norway, Sweden and the USA who complete part of their training on the Alpe's perfectly prepared tracks. Winter hikers and snow shoe hikers find 30 km of hiking trails of different levels.
The combined ticket for Val Gardena and Alpe Siusi is valid for exploring both skiing resorts. For those in search of even more choice and options, Dolomit Superski, one of the world's largest connected skiing resorts is easily accessible from here. And of course, the Dolomites offer unlimited possibilities for fantastic ski touring.
Our inclusive services in the coming winter:
- Tuesdays: 3 hours ski escort for adults on the Alpe di Siusi to refine your technique (from 08.01.2019)
- Wednesdays: guided winter hike
- Thursdays: 2,5 hours ski escort for adults on the Seceda
- From Monday to Friday: Ski safari for adults with accompaniment.
- Day trips: The Gardena Ronda, Sella Ronda and Stone City, Lagazuoi, Gran Risa, Marmolada, Mountain Fighter Tour/Fassatal
- Ski depot in Ortisei
- Ski service: 10% discount
- Ski rental: 10% discount
- Ski boot dryer in the house
- Free bus connection for all our guests
- From this year NEW shuttle service: You will be picked up for free in front of our house and taken directly to the ski slopes in Ortisei. In the evening you will of course be picked up again.